Sunday, June 24, 2012

Installing uTorrent in Linux


One of the biggest frustrations when downloading torrents in a Linux environment is the crappy Transmission UI. I'm an old uTorrent user. So I always feel like somehow I'm not getting the exact same performance using Transmission. But installing uTorrent is a mess sometimes specially in Fedora and Mint. Here's a really great guide which, however is a bit BIG but works.
[ http://blog.kxr.me/2011/12/utorrent-server-on-linux-step-by-step.html ]
Update:
Note: If you are not a Fedora user, do not do the symbolic linking (soft link) from the tutorial

In case you face the problem that uTorrent wants libssl 0.9.8 just follow this

  1. Open terminal in su mode or use sudo
  2. Type apt-get install libssl0.9.8
Source: HowToOpensource

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment here. If you want to say something about programming problems, scripts, software etc, please try to be as descriptive as possible.

Connect Rapoo MT750S with Linux (Tested on Manjaro)

 I bought this obvious copy of MX Master 2S in hopes of having the device switching functionality along with a lightweight body because I ha...