Sunday, November 27, 2016

Display switcher for terminal buffs

I am not a Linux developer or anything, I just love writing scripts that facilitate in making me lazy. So here's one that lets me switch my displays (dual). I usually work on only one and when I need to quickly switch, I use this. It depends on xrandr though. And it has my display names hardcoded (lots of assumptions, I know), but it might just come in handy.
Switch to left or right
./reset_display.sh left
./reset_display.sh right
Set both on with duplicate view
./reset_display.sh
Set both on their individual view
./reset_display.sh both

You can simlink it /usr/local/bin too.
Github gist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment here. If you want to say something about programming problems, scripts, software etc, please try to be as descriptive as possible.

Connect Rapoo MT750S with Linux (Tested on Manjaro)

 I bought this obvious copy of MX Master 2S in hopes of having the device switching functionality along with a lightweight body because I ha...