Saturday, September 26, 2009

What's all the fuss about "Tower of Hanoi"

Well, I recently got onto this game by chance, as I was browsing through the contents in out "Computer Lab" PCs I stumbled upon this game. First I thought that it was of no use as I never played this game before and games like Sudoku took at least 25 minutes for me to solve. But it was amazing to find the solution to get the least amount of steps needed for solving any problem of this game. The basic principle is the long blessed theory of "Even and Odd". When solving the puzzle just first see the position of the last ring. Is it an Even numbered position or an Odd numbered one. If it's Odd then you should make the very first move with an Odd numbered ring in the ultimate ring where you wanna take all the rings at last. So, moving like this when your basic target for the moment is even you move the first ring to another ring other than your destination if it's Odd numbered and or in the same ring if it's even like this you can solve any "Tower of Hanoi" puzzle in the least amount of steps. Now for those who might ask what about the Odd and Even numbers? We don't get numbered rings. For those I can say that you can always do one thing. That's counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment here. If you want to say something about programming problems, scripts, software etc, please try to be as descriptive as possible.

Connect Rapoo MT750S with Linux (Tested on Manjaro)

 I bought this obvious copy of MX Master 2S in hopes of having the device switching functionality along with a lightweight body because I ha...