Monday, September 06, 2010

Easily changing and editting default lexers in Code::Blocks

It's quite an easy task to accomplish. All you need to do is file replacement. Go to the Code::Blocks directory > share > CodeBlocks > lexers.
Then choose any lexer ".xml" and make a copy of it.
Now rename the older one with something like "oldname"+x.xml and the rename the new copies so that they become replacements.
Now edit the file as you want to meet your needs.

I did this for adding a "Default" color to the HTML/PHP lexer. It helped me build a theme. The default Lexer didn't have any Default color defined. So I increased the amount of Styles it had and just added "Default" from the Cpp Lexer. Neat thing just let me have a new Syntax Highlighter for PHP & HTML.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment here. If you want to say something about programming problems, scripts, software etc, please try to be as descriptive as possible.

Connect Rapoo MT750S with Linux (Tested on Manjaro)

 I bought this obvious copy of MX Master 2S in hopes of having the device switching functionality along with a lightweight body because I ha...