Friday, February 17, 2012

Linux File Manager Launchers

Only recently, I've started to use Ubuntu (Linux Distro FTWDK). After fighting with the kernel night after night and constantly resulting with all sorts of crashes or f-ups, I've finally decided to keep a Windows Dual Boot for my Gaming needs. Wine still isn't in much control yet. Anyway. I finished installing Ubuntu 11.10 and ofcourse, like all the ordinary users I've failed to find my taste in the new Unity desktop. So, I decided to try all the others. I installed XFCE, Gnome, LXDE. Among all of these LXDE acted to be the fastest, though only time will tell because usually my Linux installations end up in begging me to not experiment with them anymore. I kind of liked the idea of having different File Managers. So I collected all of their Launcher strings. Here they are.


Nautilus : nautilus --no-desktop
PCMan : exo-open --launch FileManager %u
Thunar : thunar /home/username

Storing them for future crashes :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment here. If you want to say something about programming problems, scripts, software etc, please try to be as descriptive as possible.

Connect Rapoo MT750S with Linux (Tested on Manjaro)

 I bought this obvious copy of MX Master 2S in hopes of having the device switching functionality along with a lightweight body because I ha...