Saturday, January 26, 2013

Install Intel Drivers on Ubuntu

We all miss games, no matter how much we love our OS, we miss the games more just because playing them on our favorite OS just makes things better. I missed the game Need For Speed: Most Wanted a lot. I had to go into Windows to play that and for every other luxury in the world, had to boot back to Linux. I hated this, for this kept my out of an awesome creation, for it kept me in a very disturbing computing setup, for it reminded me that there was something that stopped Linux from being perfect, for it was just unfair. And all that for what?? I didn't have the drivers for my Graphics module. But now, it's over. :D
To install the Intel drivers in your setup simply do the following.
1. Add the ppa to your sources.list
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates
2. Update the apt
sudo apt-get update
3. Run the upgrade, it also upgrades your other system components, so it's reasonably big. Mine was around 500 MB
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

After it's done, reboot your machine. Now run the game using Wine. Enjoy, and shout it out loud.
Linux FTW, the best OS to ever exist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment here. If you want to say something about programming problems, scripts, software etc, please try to be as descriptive as possible.

Connect Rapoo MT750S with Linux (Tested on Manjaro)

 I bought this obvious copy of MX Master 2S in hopes of having the device switching functionality along with a lightweight body because I ha...