Sunday, January 27, 2013

Run Code::Blocks programs using Gnome-Terminal, Konsole etc.

Ok, so we all (mostly) love Code::Blocks. But using the XTerm window (the one you get to test your codes into) is a real pain (for me at least) in the ... Instead I wanted to use the default terminal that I use for commands. Now, I've been a user of Gnome-Terminal for quite sometime and now have shifted to KDE. So now I use Konsole. Finding the exact attribute string is a bit annoying after each install so here's a collection. I'll add more when I use more.
For Konsole:
konsole --workdir $WORKDIR --title $TITLE -e

For Gnome - Terminal
gnome-terminal $TITLE -x

For X-Term
xterm -T $TITLE -e


Credits:
Eragon0605: [ http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=9190211&postcount=3 ]
jens: [ http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,11245.msg76596.html#msg76596 ]

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:53 AM

    thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:13 PM

    Thanks for sharing friend

    ReplyDelete

Post your comment here. If you want to say something about programming problems, scripts, software etc, please try to be as descriptive as possible.

Connect Rapoo MT750S with Linux (Tested on Manjaro)

 I bought this obvious copy of MX Master 2S in hopes of having the device switching functionality along with a lightweight body because I ha...