Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Installing TP Link TLWN823N on Manjaro / Arch Linux

I will be super quick about this. I received it today and upon connecting on my Manjaro box, it showed by Wifi but with very poor signal. I suspected it could be a driver issue. So I googled and it was pretty easily available. I am doing this write up to sum up the whole process in a script.


git clone https://github.com/Tafhim/rtl8192eu-linux-driver.git
cd rtl8192eu-linux-driver
sudo dkms add .
sudo dkms install rtl8192eu/1.0
echo "blacklist rtl8xxxu" | sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/realtek.conf
Then reboot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment here. If you want to say something about programming problems, scripts, software etc, please try to be as descriptive as possible.

Connect Rapoo MT750S with Linux (Tested on Manjaro)

 I bought this obvious copy of MX Master 2S in hopes of having the device switching functionality along with a lightweight body because I ha...